PO Box 20732
New York, NY 10009-8962
- 06/2014 - present
- Software developerEdge Research Technologies LLC, New York, NY, USA
Web back-end developer, using Python, Java, Solr, MySQL, AWS. Developed content-ingestion and web-scraping tools for a knowledge management platform.
- 09/2006 - 05/2013
- Software developerblip.tv, New York, NY, USA
- 03/2004 - 09/2006
- Senior software developerVideo Monitoring Services, New York, NY, USA
- 09/2002 - 03/2004
- Internet developerNew York, NY, USA
- 10/1996 - 07/2002
- Researcher/Developer/System Administrator/WebmasterSony Computer Science Laboratory, Paris, France
As webmaster, designed and implemented multiple internet and intranet websites and maintenance tools (using PHP, MySQL, XML/XSLT, Perl, HTML). As system administrator, responsible for maintenance and administration of heterogeneous network (Solaris, Linux, MacOS and Windows, and DNS administration and Internet technical support for Sony France sales company. As researcher/engineer, designed and implemented systems using Common LISP and Java for research projects in mobile software agent systems, cognitive robotics and evolutionary communication systems.
- 05/1993 - 10/1996
- Independent consultantLondon, UK
Chief software architect and principal developer for web content-management system for publisher Addison Wesley Longman (using Perl, MSQL). Chief software architect and principal developer for e-commerce system (using Perl, MSQL) developed for TradePages/Willie Holt (Eire). Worked as consultant developer and designer on contract to Internet consulting company fma Ltd.
- 12/1990 - 05/1993
- Project DeveloperKnowledge Technologies nv, Brussels, Belgium
Designed and developed prototype knowledge-based systems in the context of European Community-sponsored research projects: lead developer/project manager for authoring toolkit for knowledge-based systems (using Common LISP); lead developer for tutoring system demonstrator in domain of job-shop scheduling; developer for advanced instructional authoring system. Performed knowledge engineering for railway scheduling project. Taught course in expert systems at Fiat's ELASIS research center.
- 11/1989 - 12/1990
- Head of Dialogue Systems UnitDida*El srl, Milan, Italy
Chief software architect and principal developer on project to build experimental intelligent tutoring system (using Common LISP) for European Community research project. Designed and implemented project management tools (using C) for internal use.
- 07/1988 - 08/1998
- ProgrammerCenter for Speech Technology Research, Edinburgh, UK
Developed components for AUDLAB signal processing system (using C).
- 07/1986 - 08/1986
- ProgrammerMonotype Advanced Development Group, Cambridge, UK
Developed proofing tools for typographic design system (using C and PostScript).
- 1988 - 1989
- MSc in Intelligent Knowledge-Based Systems
University of Edinburgh
- Graduated with Distinction
- 1984 - 1988
- MA in Linguistics with Artificial Intelligence
University of Edinburgh
- Graduated with First Class Honors